Registration Site for CEU Students
Real viennese experience …
… living like a local
We are happy you chose Zoom Housing for your accommodation. You can apply online in just a few steps.
Please make note, that the registration process has already ended.
After this date you have to write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
preview: Accommodation aggreement_short
Zoom Entertainment GmbH
1050 Wien (shortened to „Zoom“ in the following)
Johannagasse 36 and Siebenbrunnengasse 58, 1050 Wien
Typ of residence place:
bed in a double room in living community (bathroom, toilet, kitchen in living community)
Duration of use:
01.09.2022 – 30.06.2023
Deposit on conclusion of agreement:
EUR 918,00 needs to be transfered immediately
(will be returned when moving out after deducting any outstanding fees)
EUR 459,00 due on the 5th of each month
(including VAT and other costs related to use, weekly and final cleaning)
EUR 50,00 payable in cash on receiving the keys
preview: Accommodation agreement_long
- Duration of use
1.1. The resident is informed that in accordance with §5a of the Student Dormitory Act, the usage contract must be concluded for a period of 12 months. Furthermore, the resident is informed that the usage contract with new students must be concluded for a period of 24 months if this is expressly requested by the student. At the request of the resident who is a student, however, the usage relationship is concluded for a shorter period, specifically for 10 months.
1.2. The usage relationship is concluded for a specific period. At the request of the resident, the usage relationship begins on September 1st, 2022 and ends on June 30th, 2023, without the need for a separate notice of termination.
- Accommodation fee and other charges
2.1. All due charges, their amounts and payment deadlines are shown in the present agreement (page 1). All price indications are quoted in Euro and include the legal VAT in its currently valid amount for Austria. The other costs related to use are included.
2.2. The monthly fees indicated in this agreement are to be paid in advance by the 5th of the respective month. The payment terms will be announced to the resident in writing.
2.3. The accommodation fee for all following months is to be paid in advance by the 5th of the respective month. If the accommodation fee for the current month has not been paid in due time by the 5th of the month, a first warning will be issued which will indicate a payment deadline. If this deadline is not observed, a second warning will be issued in the current month. The third and final warning takes place (if payment has not been made) in the following month (after the 5th) with a payment deadline in the warning letter for both accommodation fees (previous and current month). For these warning letters, the resident is to pay fees. If the two outstanding accommodation fees are not paid by the deadline, the agreement will be dissolved at the end of the current month (see item 5.2.)
2.4. The accommodation fee has to be paid for full calendar months in any case even if the agreement duration and/or duration of use differs from that. Any exceptions from this have to be confirmed by Zoom in writing.
- Conclusion of agreement, deposit and liability
3.1. The contractual relationship between the resident and Zoom is concluded by the arrival of the deposit in due time to the bank account indicated by Zoom.
3.2. The deposit serves as a safety for any claims on the part of Zoom which may arise in connection with the Contract of Use or damages caused by the dorm resident. In particular, this applies to compensation for damages and lost charges for use in accordance with item 5.4. If the deposit is used to cover outstanding charges in the course of the duration of the contract, it must be made up to the full amount by the dorm resident immediately.
3.3. When moving out has taken place according to regulations, the deposit, minus any bank charges and compensation for any damages caused by the resident or other outstanding claims, will be paid into the account indicated by the resident within six weeks at most.
3.4. If the exact sum of outstanding claims (e.g. costs for damage repair) is not yet known at the point of the return of the property, the deposit will be repaid to the account indicated by the resident after the matter has been cleared up. (In this case, the period for the transfer of the deposit may be longer than the six weeks mentioned in 3.3.).
3.5. For the purposes of clarification, it is to be noted that the resident is liable for damages they have caused even beyond the sum of the deposit paid.
- Termination of the agreement by the resident
Termination during the academic year: Contractual relationships regarding the use of living units in student dorms can be terminated, in writing, with a termination date at the end of each semester (February 28th or June 30th) by the resident under the following conditions: For a moving out date on February 28th the contractual relationship must be terminated by giving notice by 31st December of the previous year at the latest, and for a moving out date on June 30th the contractual relationship must be terminated by giving notice by April 30th of the same year at the latest.
- Termination of the agreement by Zoom
5.1. The user contract can be terminated before the end of the contract period by Zoom at the end of the next calendar month if
- the resident has finished or dropped out of their studies;
- the resident does not use the home himself;
- the resident lets another person live in his home, contrary to the provisions of the home statute;
- the resident is at least two months in arrears with the payment of the usage fee despite a written reminder and threat of termination;
- the resident is guilty of a criminal offense to the detriment of residents or the student residence operator or his people;
- the resident grossly violates his obligations arising from this law or the contract of use in any other way despite a written warning and threat of termination
5.2. The agreement can be ended in the same way by Zoom if the resident is in arrears for two accommodation fees and has received three requests for payment (see item 2.3.).
5.3. The agreement can be terminated before the end of the contract duration by Zoom with immediate effect if the resident has been guilty of a prosecutable action to the disadvantage of residents or Zoom or its employees, or if the resident poses an imminent danger for the residence, other persons living in the residence or the employees of Zoom.
5.4. In the case of termination of the contract in accordance with items 5.1-5.3 the dorm resident must make good any damages incurred by Zoom due to the premature termination of the Contract of Use. In particular, the dorm resident is to reimburse Zoom for the charge for use lost due to the termination of the agreement.
- Legal Succession
6.1. The contractual relationship exclusively entitles the resident indicated in the residence agreement. The transferral of rights and duties of the agreement by the resident to third parties is only allowed where Zoom has given its express written permission in advance.
6.2. The existing contractual relationship will only be terminated in mutual agreement without observance of notice periods if the contractual relationship with the legal successor has come about through the receipt of the deposit and the withdrawal period of 14 days has passed.
- Legal obligation to register
For the purposes of clarification, it is to be noted that the resident is obliged to register with the responsible registry office according to the legal obligation (“Meldepflicht”). The registration is to be undertaken by the resident in person.
- Arbitration process
8.1. Arbitration procedures in student dormitories serve for the out-of-court arbitration of disputes arising from the usage contract and in the event of non-agreement on the dormitory statute with the help of an arbitrator.
8.2. In dormitories in which a dormitory representative has been set up, the dormitory operator and the dormitory representative must mutually appoint a mediator for a term of office of a maximum of two years of student residence to be specified in the residence statute. If the mutual appointment is not made, this function of arbitrator is to be performed by the student ombudsman. In dormitories in which a dormitory representative has been set up, the resident invocation of the mediator requires that no agreement could be reached with the dormitory operator even with the assistance of the dormitory representative.
8.3. In dormitories in which no dormitory representation has been set up, a mediator can be appointed on the request of the resident concerned without undue delay. If the dormitory operator and the resident concerned cannot agree on a mediator, the function of the mediator is to be performed by the student ombudsman.
8.4. The arbitrator shall work to ensure that disputes can be resolved fairly, practically and on the basis of an objective assessment of the circumstances and with due regard to the rights of the parties
8.5. In dormitories in which a mediator is permanently appointed, the arbitration procedure is initiated when the arbitrator receives a written request for a dispute settlement; in the case of an event-related appointment of an arbitrator, with the written notification of the resident’s wish for an arbitration procedure to be carried out to the dormitory operator.
8.6. Participation in the procedure is voluntary for both parties. The arbitration procedure is free of charge for the resident. The home resident can be represented in the arbitration process by the home representative or another person he / she trusts (e.g. a representative of the Austrian student body).
8.7. The parties must provide the arbitrator with all relevant information. All persons participating in the arbitration process are obliged to maintain secrecy about all facts that become known to them during the arbitration process.
8.8. The procedure is ended when
- the request for dispute settlement is withdrawn,
- one of the parties refuses to participate in the proceedings,
- an agreement has been reached or
- the attempt to reach an agreement was unsuccessful.
8.9. The arbitration procedure is deemed to have ended when the arbitrator confirms that there is a reason for termination.
8.10. The submission of a request for a dispute settlement and the appropriate continuation of a procedure before the arbitrator inhibit the beginning and the continuation of the statute of limitations as well as other deadlines for asserting the rights and claims affected by the procedure.
- Closing provision
9.1. The rules for internet use included in attachment A of this agreement are an integrated part of this agreement.
9.2. Should a provision of this agreement be invalid or become invalid through new legal provisions, all other provisions which are not affected by this will stay valid and unchanged. The parties commit to replacing the invalid provision by a valid provision of contents that will come closest in terms of economy to the invalid provision.
9.3. For the purposes of evidence, it is recommended that the resident submits any messages or declarations to Zoom in writing.
9.4. Except in cases of compelling provisions for the protection of the consumer, Austrian law will be agreed upon for all disputes between the contracting parties to the exclusion of private international law.
9.5. Except in cases of compelling provisions for the protection of the consumer, the place of jurisdiction will be agreed upon exclusively as the court locally and objectively responsible for Vienna’s Innere Stadt district.
9.6. In the case of contradictions between the German and a foreign-language version of these provisions, the German version will be authoritative.
- Keep the apartment clean.
- No noise after 10:00 p.m. This is a Vienna-wide rule. Noise detection devices are in every unit.
- No overnight guests.
- No parties in apartments. You can have guests for dinner but refer to Rules 1 and 2!
- Save energy. Turn off lights, unplug unused electronic devices when you leave the apartment. Be kind to our planet.
- Recycle. Usually, paper containers and regular garbage are disposed of in your house, whereas glass and metal are typically recycled in certain bins located close to your street.
- Leave no personal belongings behind when you move out. Leave the apartment as you found it when you moved in.
- WIFI is available in your apartments. You must accept the general Internet usage rule described in Rule 9.
- Using the internet provided in your home to upload, download, or stream illegal content is strictly prohibited. Austria is very strict with this and it is possible that you will be fined.
- No candles in the apartment. Yes, they smell good, but an apartment in flames smells worse.
- Take care of the things provided in your housing – damaged or missing items will have to be repaired/replaced and you will be charged for the costs through your landlord.
- If issues with apartment keys and locks arise (such as a key breaks off in a lock, the lock no longer functions, you cannot enter/exit your room or building, etc.), contact your landlord or emergency phone immediately.
- Report any already existing damages in your housing at the check in. Check outlets, window panes, beds, heaters, scratches or dents in the walls, etc. Otherwise, it may result in you incurring extra damage fees that you weren’t actually responsible for.
- You take full responsibility for any visitors that you bring to your housing facility. This includes any kind of damage caused to housing1050 as well as disturbing your fellow CEU students and neighbors.
- You are not allowed to touch or manipulate the fire/smoke detectors in your housing. If you believe it to be broken, please report it immediately.
- No smoking in the apartments. Our fire alarm system is pretty delicate, so the smoking ban includes smoking out of the window.
- Never cook food on the stovetop unattended, and keep a close eye on food baking inside the oven. Fire alarms will be activated, which may lead to extra charges.
- Maintenance work will be carried out in your housing facility as needed. You will be informed every time in advance so that it will not take you by surprise.
Rules for internet use
The following provisions serve the purpose of all residents being able to use the available internet connection optimally.
As soon as a new version is published, all previous versions will lose their validity.
Every resident commits to observe and follow these rules for use. A violation of the rules can lead to the loss of the internet access or the loss of the residence place.
Zoom provides you with a Wi-fi connection in your apartment. The hardware and software used by you is your responsibility. Zoom will not be liable for damages due to network software, viruses or attacks from the network (e.g. hacker attacks, misuse of data etc.).
- Access identification
Access details that you receive in connection with your internet use must never be passed on to third parties.
- Legal regulations
Every resident is to observe the legal regulations in connection with internet use. Any illegal internet use (e.g. activities with racist, sexist, or discriminating content, child pornography or glorification of violence, software or music piracy etc.) is expressly forbidden. The resident can be made responsible and liable for any incurred damages to Zoom Entertainment GmbH in the context of their internet use.
- Duration of use
The internet access is made available only for residents and only for the duration of the stay in the student residence.
- Use of the internet by residents
- For internet use, only technically faultless hardware and software may be used. Any interference with the
available infrastructure (access points, routers, switches etc.) is expressly forbidden.
- The resident commits to using an up to date virus protection software.
- Only the operation of access points of Zoom Entertainment GmbH are allowed.
- The intentional introduction and spreading of viruses, worms, Trojans and other forms of harmful software is
- A prosecutable action will lead to the immediate loss of the residence place.
- In the case of suspicion of misuse, the resident is to inform Zoom Entertainment GmbH immediately.
If maintenance works by the internet provider or to the infrastructure are necessary, we will inform you in advance, provided that these works are foreseeable and not the result of an emergency.
If any interferences to the internet connection occur, we ask that you in the first instance check all devices (including cables) and the settings of the devices (settings of the network adapter) – other residents will usually be happy to help.
If it is not possible to solve the problem in this way, we ask that you inform Zoom Entertainment GmbH of the interference.
We request that you describe the problem as accurately as possible (e.g. does the problem only occur on one device, do other residents have the same problem, on which day and at which time did the problem occur, how long did it last etc.) – the more information we receive, the easier it will be to find the cause of the problem and solve it.
If the interference is connected with the infrastructure, the student residence is responsible for fixing it. If the interference is caused by a malfunctioning of a device used by yourself, or harmful hardware or software or a user error, you are yourself responsible for fixing the problem.
- Data protection/content filtering
Currently, neither content nor services are blocked. However, we reserve the right to undertake content filtering and logging – under the obligation to adhere to legal provisions, especially concerning data protection. Emails sent via SMTP will be checked for potential spam and the sending of such emails will be blocked. The resident expressly acknowledges this.
- By signing this form, you will gain free access to our home gym under the following conditions.
- Our gym may only be accessed by a maximum of 5 people at a time. There won’t be any staff at our gym.
- You may only enter the gym with sports shoes, that haven’t been worn outdoors. Make sure to keep the place clean at all times. For hygienic purposes we kindly ask you to only use our exercise equipment with a towel.
- Please make sure to acquaint yourself with the training equipment beforehand. Operating instructions on the equipment will be accessible in the gym.
- Access the premises and equipment at your own risk. We will not take responsibility for injuries, especially through bad form and/or high weight load.
- You are responsible for the physical load of your own training. We shall not be liable for injuries caused by misusing the equipment and/or improper training.
- We advise anyone who suffers physical complaints to consult a doctor in order to insure safe training.
- If the equipment takes damage through inappropriate handling, you will be held responsible.
- The equipment must only be used for its actual purpose. All movable items, such as dumbbells or plates must be returned to their place of storage upon finishing your exercise.
- Moving the training equipment or changing their positioning is strictly prohibited.
- Every area in the gym is under 24-hour surveillance. Recordings will be deleted regularly.
- You are only allowed to bring non-breakable water bottles into the facility.
- You are responsible for accidents caused by negligence. We are not liable for damage resulting from improper use of devices. We are only obliged to pay damages in all cases in the event of wilful intent or gross negligence. All claims become statute barred within six months from knowledge of the damage and the damaging party.
- Access to the gym is strictly forbidden to strangers. In the event of a violation, a complaint will be filed with the police.
- Violations of these house rules must be reported to us immediately.
- No Children are allowed to use our gym.
Data Housing Provider
Zoom Entertainment Gmbh
Managing Director: Mr. Alexander Auer (DOB: 05.08.1970)
+43-1-961 06 96
vat id: ATU57784115
commercial register number: FN 243478g
account owner: Zoom Entertainment GmbH, Johannagasse 36/20, 1050 Vienna, Austria
name of bank: Oberbank, Untere Donaulände 28, 4020 Linz, Austria
General House Information
- The shared apartments are for 4-6 persons
- The flats are fully furnished
- The kitchen has a basic setup (dishes and cutlery, coffee machine, hot water kettle, toaster, dishwasher)
- You´ll find only single beds in our flats (bedding is incl.)
- You´ll find a basic cleaning set
- You´ll find a „starter set“ of toilet paper, wettex, tea towel, 02x dishwasher taps, kitchen sponge.
- Public Transport is easily reachable
- Smoking is prohibited in all apartments
- Lightning-fast Broadband-WiFi in every apartment (free of charge)
- Operating costs (electricity, water, heating, gas) are included
- We clean the apartments weekly
- First-Aid-Kid, fire blanket and a smoke-detector are in every flat
- In the ground floor you will find a washing machine and a dryer which can be used for a small fee
- A Studyroom and a Gym can be used by the CEU students exclusive.
- The apartments are in top condition
Kitchen equipment and general items
cooking pot set
cutlery (fork, spoon, knive)
brush and shovel
Hot water kettle
trash cans (plastic, glass, metal, paper)
first aid kit
How can I apply for accommodation?
You can apply online in just a few steps. We need an application form for each person with your personal email address.
Can I see the room before I move in?
Due to the nature of student housing, it is not always possible to look at an apartment prior to moving in. Unfortunately a room cannot be shown if it is currently occupied by students, if it is under construction or being renovated for an incoming student. However, we provide information and pictures of the accommodation, so you can get a general impression of the rooms.
Is an accommodation guaranteed after I have applied?
Booking follows the first-come, first-served principle. After we have received the application form and once the application fee has reached our account, we can progress your application. If accommodation is available, you will receive a legally binding offer.
How do I confirm the booking?
You will receive an offer for accommodation which includes the residence contract and house rules, as well as a request for payment of the deposit by an appropriate deadline set by us. Once the deposit has reached our account before the specified deadline, the offer for accommodation has been accepted and the residence contract is legally binding on both parties.
Why do I have to pay a deposit?
The deposit is used as security for possible damages. Without a deposit the offer for accommodation is not accepted and the contractual relationship between us cannot be established. Please note that bank fees (including Austrian banks) may be incurred! The deposit does not cover the first accommodation fees, those fees have to be paid separately.
How much is the deposit?
We will let you know the exact amount of the deposit when we send through your offer for accommodation. The amount can vary due to location and accommodation type. In general, the deposit amounts to a maximum of two months accommodation fee.
Is there a deadline for paying the deposit?
Yes – pls note, that for Check-in date in September 2022, the deadline is 2022, 1st of August.
Will I get my deposit back?
Your deposit will remain with Zoom Housing until the end of your booking period. The deposit is not automatically refunded to you.
The deposit is to be returned immediately after the end of the tenancy and return of the apartment. However, a reasonable period of time must be allowed for the landlord to inspect the rented property so that he can get an idea of any damage and obtain cost estimates for repairs.
EU-citizens with EURO-accounts:
The money transfer of the deposit is free of charge for EU-citizens (within the European monetary Union) when the IBAN and SWIFT-Code is entered. Therefore we kindly ask you to send us your banking details.
After the final room check the deposit (minus possible fees for damages and outstanding payments) can be transferred back to you. If all bank details have been entered correctly, the remaining deposit amount will be transfered back to your account within a maximum of 6 weeks.
Citizens outside the European Union / EU-citizens without EURO-account:
The transfer of the deposit for non-EU-citizens is subject to fees. The payment of the deposit can only be made after a room check is completed. Please be informed that damages cannot be calculated on the day of moving out. In the case of non-EU-citizens (EU-citizens outside the monetary Union), it will be necessary to send bank details via email.
Please note that we need a confirmation of your de-registration from the accommodation in order to return the deposit.
My booking has not started yet. Can I cancel my contract?
Please submit your cancellation request via email only (email@example.com)
If you inform us of your cancellation more than 2 months before the start of your booking period (as per the residence contract) nothing will be charged.
If you inform us of your cancellation between 1 and 2 months before the start of your booking period (according to the residence contract), the amount of one monthly accommodation fee will be charged.
If you inform us of your cancellation less than 1 month before the start of your booking period (according to the residence contract) the full deposit amount already paid will be charged.
My booking has already started. May I still terminate the contract?
To terminate the residence contract before the original end date: For a moving out date of February, 28th, notice must be given in writing by December 31st at the latest. A request must be submitted in writting. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What do I have to bring for moving in?
Please always bring your passport or ID with you.
When and where can I pick up the key for my accommodation?
You can pick up the key during the office hours of Zoom Housing office. Moving in is only possible as of the day of your booking from 10am onwards.
I will arrive outside the office hours or during the weekend. May I still move in?
Please note the office hours for key-pickup on the information sheet. Should you arrive outside the office hours, pls send us an email and we will prepare a keysafe for you.
What happens if I lose the keys?
Please always take care of your keys :) If a key is lost for accommodation, please let us know immediately. We will then arrange a change of lock. Unfortunately we do have to charge a fee of EUR 350.00 which has to be paid in cash at the Zoom Housing office. We will then provide you with a replacement key.
What happens if I lock myself out of the room?
Please get in touch with us immediately! In the evening, at night or on a weekend there is unfortunately no staff member available, so you would need to commission a locksmith and bear the costs yourself.
When and where do I have to pay the accommodation fee?
You will receive detailed information regarding the terms of payment by email. Basically, the first month‘s accommodation fee, is due by the 5th of the first month of occupation, as shown in the residence contract.
If you have not received any other instructions, please arrange a bank transfer.
We also accept one-off payments, especially to avoid bank fees if you are transferring from a non-SEPA account – please inform us in time.
The accommodation fee must be paid for the full calender month, even if the contract duration and/or duration of use differs.
What happens if I don’t pay on time?
If you are not able to pay the accommodation fee by the 5th of the month, a warning will be issued. Please note that repeated warnings might lead to the dissolution of the residence contract.
Why do you not accept any credit card payments?
Unfortunately we do not accept any credit card payments for paying the accommodation fee. Kindly note that this is to avoid increasing fees by 3% to cover the charge required by the credit institute for credit card payments.
Please check the following options for transfering money:
They are online accounts with credit cards. They don’t charge for opening an account and making international transfers, and also allow for a specific amount of cash withdrawal.
What´s included in my accommodation
Is bedding available?
Yes, we provide 2 sets of bedding so you can change the sheets whenever you want.
Is Wi-Fi available in my room?
We offer free Wi-Fi in all of our dorms. Internet access via wi-fi is available free of charge in all rooms.
Kindly note that use of any private devices (such as servers, routers) is not permitted, as these will interfere with the rest of the network. Furthermore, our access points must not be removed at any time.
Will my room be cleaned?
Yes, your room will be cleaned every week (* subject to alteration) as a free service by the cleaning ladies. When you move out completely, the room will be cleaned thoroughly. You will find the cleaning schedule on our service webpage daily updatet.
Are there any towels or a hair dryer?
No, please bring these with you.
Are there equipment for ironing, cleaning or other housewares?
No, you only have a basic setup for cleaning (bucket, broom and shovel, rubbing broom) and a minimal starter set (toilet paper, dishwasher tabs, kitchen towel, wettex)
I expect a letter/a package.
Who doesn’t love receiving mail from family and friends? We will provide a mailbox in the residence. The first tenant gets the key for the mailbox. Please always state your full address, so the letter can be mailed. If you receive a package which doesn’t fit into your mailbox and you are not at home, you will receive a notification to tell you where and when you can collect the package.
May I bring a pet?
We love pets. Unfortunately out of respect and consideration for other residents concerning allergies, pets are not allowed in any of our residences.
Am I allowed to smoke in my room?
Smoking is prohibited in all residences. Please pay attention to the house rules and residence constitutions.
How can I wash my clothes?
We offer you laundry facilities such as washing machines and dryers in all residences. We charge EUR 1,00 for use of the washing machine for 30 minutes. You can use the washing machine and the dryer at the same time.
Health, Care and Consumer Protection
Informations in 17 different languages
There are special COVID-restrictions in Vienna these days, so please keep you informed:
Zoom House Keeping
You’ll find a certified disinfectant dispenser in every house. Washing hands on a regular basis with this soap kills 80% of bacteria/viruses.
Cleaning and all repair work can be carried out – however residents must not be present in the same room. ffp2 mask is required in every apartment.
Zoom Housing will inform you immediately, if stronger measures must be taken.
We clean your apartment weekly. Once, our cleaning staff will thoroughly clean the whole apartment and once an intermediate cleaning (only common aeras) will take place. At the end of each cleaning we’ll wipe certain sensitive surfaces with area disinfection.
We use in your building/apartment:
We use for special items (p.e. keys):